Aging can take a toll on how you live your life. You may not be able to do certain things on your own, and while your loved ones are there for support, you wouldn’t want to be a burden on someone. More seniors are ditching assisted living facilities and similar institutions for the comfort of their homes. Thanks to personal care professionals Phoenixville, you can expect to be at home and have the help you need. Here’s more on what you need to know.
If you are looking for long-term care, hiring a healthcare professional may be the answer. Home health aides can provide assistance in many ways, such as cooking, cleaning, bathing, and transportation to medical appointments. This is beneficial for the individual who cannot live alone or do certain tasks because of age or injury. In addition, hiring a home health care professional will allow the individual to stay in their own neighborhood and still receive assistance when they need it.
Based on the severity of your injury or illness, you may need assistance with daily activities like bathing, cooking, and dressing. A home health care professional can help provide you with these services while also providing emotional support to make the recovery process easier. In addition to helping with everyday tasks, a home health care professional can also provide invaluable relief to spouses and other family members who have been taking on much of the responsibility for their day-to-day needs. You can easily find support for the elderly, diseased, or injured ones at your home by searching for “health care professional near me” on your search engine.
What does personal care include?
A personal care professional has been trained, certified, and experienced to offer dedicated help for seniors in need. Also, these services are not for seniors alone. Vulnerable adults, those with special needs, and patients recovering from surgery may also benefit from these services. Home health care or personal care can cover a wide range of things, right from emotional support to assistance with daily chores. Your PCA will-
- Ensure that you don’t miss your medications
- Take care of your diet plan and meal preparation needs
- Helps you with diet, dressing up, and taking a bath
- Offer support for your exercise routine and physical therapy
- Help you with errands
- Keep the house clean to maintain the indoor environment
- Provide emotional support
- Act immediately during emergencies
Top 12 Duties of Home Care Nurses
Private homecare nurses are involve in the day-to-day care of patients in their homes. This includes assisting them with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, and mobility. The nurses strive to maintain a sense of independence for patients who may otherwise be confined to a hospital or nursing facility.
Here are the main duties of home care nurses.
- Monitor patient’s health status on a regular basis.
- Recognizing early signs of health concerns.
- Creating and executing recovery plans for the patient.
- Administering proper medications and handling medical support devices.
- Performing necessary medical procedures for the fast recovery of the patient.
- Keep an eye on the progress of the patient’s health condition.
- Keeping detailed records of treatment and progress of the patient.
- Providing injury and wound care if required.
- Maintain the personal hygiene of the patient.
- Taking care of patients’ meal plans and ensuring they receive the necessary nutrition.
- Providing light home-making services.
- Collaborating with therapy services for the patient.
In a recent study of the profession of private home care nurses, it is discovered that their duties go well beyond just providing physical care. In fact, the nurses are often given the responsibility of managing the emotional welfare and finances of their patients. They may also have to intervene in potentially dangerous situations such as drug abuse or domestic abuse.
How to choose personal care professionals?
Numerous agencies in Phoenixville offer personal care services and have dedicated teams ready for help. You can contact one of these agencies to discuss your needs. If you have Medicaid or Medicare coverage, ensure that the agency is certified. Ask the agency if they do background checks of their personal care professionals and whether they have ongoing training for their staff. Also, you should consider whether the service is ready to tweak its offerings to match your needs. Besides personal care, if the same agency can offer nursing care and medical equipment when required, that is an advantage.
The cost of personal care may seem high, but compared to nursing homes, you don’t have to pay as much, especially when you don’t need 24×7 care. Also, consider if you have specialized needs, such as dementia care or specific diet and exercise plans. An agency should be flexible in its approach and offer a competitive price. Don’t forget to check a few reviews before you select an agency. Social media reviews and testimonials can be quite handy for comparing personal care services.